Home schooling, Help and whatever else
Some would probably wonder why not public school? Cuz after teaching in one for a few years, I'm cool on public schools. (funny thing, I'd probably have her in one right now had I'd never taught in one) And it ain't because of the other students either. It's because of the teachers and the dayum SUPER political azz administration. Most would not believe some of the things teachers say about their own dayum students. And the administrators? *shakin head* You don't even wanna know. Frankly I was appalled and angry. Cuz it just made me really realize that public education was NOT meant to education any child who walked thru it's doors. And I don't care if it's a "hill" school in a nice neighborhood, a "flatland" school in the ghetto, a school out in the "boonies" them sh*ts all the same man, they all the same. Don't get me wrong, it ain't like if yo child is pure genius and sh*t they won't be able to excel in any "urban" school where they have school security guards. They'll excel anywhere you put them. But what about the babies who need encouragement and some coaxin? Or the ones who need for folks to just believe in them and not put them down? I'll tell you, it's way more kids who need a kind hand and a hug, then those who are like Einstein. Anyway, I don't know how I got into that.
So it looks like Lady Seneyat will be home schooled for the time being. I was worried that I'd have to jump thru a bunch of hoops cuz she's not in Kindergarten. But Washington state law doesn't expand it's "compulsory" education laws to any child under the age of 8. So I have a few years to figure out if I'm in it for the long hall or not.
In other news, life with 4 little babies is not so bad. I was all stressed out when I was pregnant thinking that I was NOT going to be able to do this without some kinda long term hired help. Well after searching and not being able to find an "ethnic" helper I just kinda said f*ck it. And just decided to see how I'd fair on my own. I've been on my own for 2 weeks and it's been okay (touch wood). Of course my azz is runnin on fumes, but that's what happens when you have 4 lil azz babies and don't have Oprah money. (I'm sure she'd have no problem findin help if she had just 1 child - sh*t ol' girl even have "dog nannies"). Of course I still have the once a day fall-out from at least 1, if not 2 of my babies. I just don't get all stressed out about like I used too. If you want to fall down and out cuz I can't jump and fix cereal or get a toy or fix the dvd, then oh well. I just walk away. They cry for about 10 minutes (or rather scream at an ultra high pitch, once believed that only dogs could hear) and then it's done. I've found that my children need me in their audience in order to "perform". LOL. I still would have liked someone who could have taken them to the park or watched them while I got groceries, etc. But oh well. I guess all that sh*t just has to get squeezed into the week-end like we've been doing. My poor Hunny. I know all he wants to do is rest but when the week-end comes I'm like a dayum road warrior. LOL
That's it for me. I have the Royal Sumehra wrigglin on my lap. She's barely a month old and I can't put her azz down for 2 seconds cuz she'll holler like she's being put out on the street. That's a shame. Maybe if I knock her out with enough "booby juice" I'll be able to get my stinky azz in the tub. (oh how I took for granted the simple things like bathing). Now I see why many women use formula instead of breastfeeding. Cuz your child is TRULY your second skin, 24 hours a day. Ohhh and don't think just cuz you by a dayum $300 breast pump and put some precious juice into a bottle, the baby is gonna drink it. Why? Cuz ain't nothing like being able to get that liquid white gold fresh and direct from it's source. LOL It seems that formula fed babies just get so filled up with "food milk" they azz sleep all day. *chuckle to self*
Okay, I'm done for real. Cuz now I have the Queen Sarai wanting me to wind up her little plastic toys. Not to mention my big azz is hongry, yes HONGRY. ha!
*smoochies* Lady Richardson
Labels: homeschooling, The Daughters of Destiny
10 Comments:
At 2:37 PM, September 06, 2007,
Lisa R Charles said…
Hahahaha! You had my belly hurting through this entire post. I can relate to you on so many levels but I'll keep it short and sweet. I don't think the comment section was made to be as long as the post.
#1 ~ HomeSchooling, I believe is the best thing that we can do for our children. If, you can afford to stay home and do it, and if you can remain a selfless, sacrificial, long suffering human being in the name of your children. Because it takes a heck of a lot out of you to be with your children 24/7 (as you already know) and be responsible for their education. We've been doing it now for nine years and still rolling with the punches.
#2 I'm still breastfeeding Joshy, he'll be ten months on Sunday. I know what you mean about them being your second skin, he owns me until he's weaned. My breast are his, not even my hubby's, and that's another issue, but we do it b/c it's for their good, right? In the meantime what happens to our breast, girl I don't even want to talk about it. lol!
Ok, I'm done..lol. I think you are a wonderful Woman who understands what true sacrifice means. Thanks for stopping by, Aly Cat!
At 5:56 PM, September 06, 2007,
Anonymous said…
You get much much respect from me for handling all 4 under 6 at the same time- that is definitely the biggest sacrifice one can make. As far as homeschool goes though we're no longer homeschooling I'm definitely an advocate. There's so many resources out there I'm sure you'll do just fine. Washington is very pro homeschoolers so find a good homechool/coop group they'll definitely get you on your way.
As far as nursing goes you are giving me flashbacks to the days of early nursing, there's just nothing like that 24-7 milk machine lol.
At 6:45 PM, September 06, 2007,
Carmell said…
gurl you are too much!
i don't have the patience for home school. thats why i send them to school. they been working my nerves... they got to go to school. i am waiting when they all go. i don't think my brain would allow me to be responsible for educating them too.
i nursed 5 babies.... i told the last one after he played with it for 6 1/2 months that i was taking my boobs back. bottlefed babies seem to fill up more. boob babies never seem to get satisfied. they always on the boob. can't go no where. my niece nurse past 12 months. at 7 months she was raising my sister's shirt up. at 10 months she was saying boob. i was like oh hell no. i only nursed my 3rd that long and she never did that.
At 8:30 PM, September 06, 2007,
Anonymous said…
Hey, Cat,
We haven't done any homeschooling, but we did send our two oldest to an Afrocentric private academy in Philly back in the 90s.
On the public education tip, The Spouse is a high school Spanish teacher at our local day prison, er, high school. She calls her job her ministry. Even the kids who flunk her class still love her, 'cause she does all she cans to encourage them. But she won't take any shit, either.
On a negative, she's now having to fight her school district for workers' comp benefits 'cause she was injured trying to stop a fight. It seems her classes have been illegal dumping grounds for so-called "special needs" students, one of whom actually inflicted The Spouse's injury.
I say illegal 'cause the law says that classes with over a certain number of these students require an aide for the regular classroom teacher. Of course she had no aide.
Now that she's out of work due to the injury, she's using the time to speak at language education conferences about how to deal with "special needs" students. She did one in Vegas this spring and has future talks scheduled in Richmond and Orlando.
So she's making chicken salad out of chicken shit. I'm proud of her.
So it's not all bad in public education. It all depends on the mindset of the individual educator.
Peace,
Profunksticated
At 3:54 PM, September 09, 2007,
Lisa R Charles said…
Hey lady, I got an award waiting for you over at my place! Come over and check it out.
At 2:28 PM, September 10, 2007,
Bliss said…
gone on girl! we home school ovva here! our state is big on home schooling but yeah, there ain't too many of US in the ranks. i've only met a few in the 2 years we've been doing it here.
here's a yahoo group for AA home schoolers: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AfAmUnschool/
i think you can just pop on in and look around and join. if not and you wanna join, e-mail me and i'll send you and invite.
now i gotta go see 'bout my award. "-)
At 5:43 PM, September 10, 2007,
AR Gal said…
I'm taking my hat off to you....actually several since you wear so many. Mom, wife, educator, nuturer, entertainer, the list could go on and on!
If only I lived closer and were still unemployed, I would have definitely lent you a helping hand.
At 6:57 PM, September 10, 2007,
Bliss said…
oh Lawd! i just re-read the post again. gurllllllllll i remember the stinky days...
if you get REAL pressed, baby wipes work for mommies too! '-)
At 4:06 PM, September 12, 2007,
*Tanyetta* said…
I loved this post. It's as if we were on the phone chatting away or at the kitchen table with a few girlfriends just having a good old time laughing and laughing. you are so funny!
as far as homeschooling, i plan to keep it up until DJ enters Kindy. I think i'm punking out. this boy is wearing me out. oops :)
breastfeeding? fun times! i just weaned my son not too long ago. double oops! LOL
see, i'm NO help here.
i had NO idea public school was scandalous like that.
you know your profile photo is cracking me up!!!!!!!!!!!! you are tooooooooooo cute!
you are a wonderful mommy and wife and you sound like you have things all panned out in your head how you want things to go down. bravo to you :)
At 4:52 PM, September 13, 2007,
Raquel said…
I recognize that this will appear bizarre, but I'm in WA too ... email me.
musgrovefam@yahoo.com
My forth just started K and I only have one left at home. While I don't homeschool, I know a TON of moms who do and can connect you with some good programs. You in king or pierce?
Post a Comment
<< Home